Sunday, July 20, 2014

Mid July - Keep an Eye Out for Isolated Dry Spots

This past week the weather across the Midwest was cooler than normal with little or no humidity.  It is easy to get caught in the trap to lessen the irrigation during cooler summer periods.  If irrigation in lessened too much isolated dry areas can occur.  I had a coach this week ask me, "What does dry turf look like?"  "How can I tell if I am waiting too long between irrigation cycles?"

So, I decided to take a picture of an isolated dry spot on a field I visited yesterday.  Note - the graying of the turf on the right, this is turf that needs water ASAP.  The turf on the left will need water and a longer period of time to bounce back to an acceptable color.


Bottom line, keep an eye on irrigation scheduling throughout the year, and adjust as necessary.

Go to j-dturf.com to learn more about J&D Turf.

Play on!
--Jamie
@JamieMehringer

No comments:

Post a Comment