Thursday, March 28, 2013

Rolling Natural Grass Fields

I am getting a number of calls on rolling fields after the snow melt.  Bottom line, if the field is wet (ie - you can hear and or see water on the turf) DO NOT roll the field.  I drove by a field this morning that had standing water in the outfield and it was being rolled with a 1 1/2 ton roller.  Rolling a field when completely saturated has a great chance of causing serious compaction issues.

HERE is a great article about rolling athletic fields from Buckeye Turf notes from Ohio State.



Go to j-dturf.com to learn more about J&D Turf.

Play on!
--Jamie
@JamieMehringer

1 comment:

  1. Awesome article! I like it. Hats off to you for such a wonderful sharing. I have bookmarked this post to come back and to share with my friends.

    Landscape design in Punjab

    ReplyDelete