Tuesday, October 8, 2013

How Late in the Fall Can I Install Kentucky Bluegrass Sod?

This is a question I get posed to me frequently this time of year.  The short answer?  As long as the ground is not frozen and sod can be harvested and installed without damaging the rootzone.



HERE is a link from a sod project the SmartTurf team completed at Indiana State in late November 2011.  HERE is a link showing what the field looked like the next spring during a warning track installation.

Keep in mind that 100% bluegrass will be slow to green up in the spring, so keep traffic to a minimum if possible.  Also, even though sod can be installed late into the fall, do not delay in completing fall renovation/construction projects.

Go to j-dturf.com to learn more about J&D Turf.

Play on!
--Jamie


1 comment:

  1. This is really interesting take on the concept.I never thought of it that way. I came across this site recently which I think it will be a great use of new ideas and informations. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    Cheap Sod

    ReplyDelete