Thursday, May 23, 2013

Cricket in Lauderhill, FL


My second of two stops took me to the cricket grounds in Lauderhill, FL.  The Central Broward Regional Sports Park was constructed in 2007 and hosts a variety of events.  As you will see, during my visit part of the “outfield” was painted and prepped for soccer while the “wicket” was being prepped for a cricket game the following day.  






The clay wicket is critical for well played cricket.  Here are a couple photos of the preparation of the wicket:





The outfield surrounds the wicket and consists of 5/8 inch cut 419 bermudagrass.

The facility also has practice cricket and soccer fields to the east of the main stadium.

I must admit, this was my first visit to a cricket stadium, and I was very impressed with the facility and the attention to detail of the wicket - very similar to prepping an infield and a mound and plate area for baseball.

Go to j-dturf.com to learn more about J&D Turf.

Play on!
--Jamie
@JamieMehringer

1 comment:

  1. I did not know that cricket stadium in Florida existed before.

    ReplyDelete