Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Day - Jasper Baseball and Ruxer Field

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

I spent Christmas morning in my hometown of Jasper, IN. So, a morning walk led me to some old stomping grounds, Ruxer Field. Ruxer Field is home to the Jasper High School baseball program. Jasper has won 5 ISHAA baseball state titles. Ruxer Field has a capacity of 2,200 and hosts ISHAA tournaments on an annual basis. The surface is a blend of bermuda grass overseeded with ryegrass and tall fescue.




Another facility is the Jasper Baseball Fieldhouse. The fieldhouse, located down the right field line, has indoor batting cages, locker rooms, restrooms, and equipment storage.



To learn more about Jasper High School, click HERE.

Go to j-dturf.com to learn more about J&D Turf.

Play on!
--Jamie

2 comments:

  1. wow!! it is like natural grass...thanks
    Turf Suppliers Manchester

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not unusual that around baseball fields behind schools are polluted with baseballs by boys and men violently hitting baseballs into the woods from foul balls. By the way I have violently hit baseballs to clear the fence to see a fly ball clear the fence by me pop flying that baseball to hit a homerun. And because of the repetitive nature of batting baseballs in trying to do that I have gotten little spots next to my palm on my left hand since I bat right-handed. I have had to use a corn blade to get rid of those little red spots.

    ReplyDelete