Wednesday, March 9, 2011

High Silt Infields and Infields with High SCR's







Good morning.

Sorry for the delay in posting this week. My schedule has been extremely busy with travels to St. Louis, Cincinnati, and Columbus, IN.

I wanted to share a couple of photos from 2 fields in St. Louis.

The first photo is NOT of the moon! It is an infield in west St Louis that is extremely high in silt. As you can see this infield has little to no structural stability when the surface is wet.

The second photo shows an infield that has a high SCR. I could not even walk across this infield.

To learn more about Silt to Clay Ratios (SCR) click HERE and HERE

To learn how to add new infield mix to an existing infield mix click HERE

I pulled a sample from both fields, I will keep you updated on the results.

To view our website go to j-dturf.com

Play on!
--Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment